32 years of marriage is no small feat and there were times that I did not think that we would make it. The first two decades of our marriage held more struggle and heartache than I ever thought possible, and the remaining years have given us a marriage beyond what we thought we were capable of and more than we ever imagined.
As we celebrate 32 years of marriage, I have 32 lessons to share that we are learning along the way!
32 Lessons for 32 Years of Marriage
- Marriage is a mirror of my reflection
- Marriage is where we get to partner together to build a marriage worth having
- Marriage is the greatest arena of knowing & being known on earth
- Marriage is for my growth
- Treat your partnership like a business
- I am contributing to our current results
- Growth happens through conflict
- Learning to negotiate is vital to thriving
- Communication is 90% non-verbal
- If I speak to the jerk, I’ll get the jerk. If I speak to the warrior, I’ll get the warrior
- Marriage is the greatest resource of healing
- If you want to be right, welcome to loneliness
- Listening is more important than speaking
- My growth is my greatest investment in my marriage
- We will spend more time as just us than with the kids
- A lifetime marriage is built one conversation at a time
- Treat your marriage like your greatest asset and it will be
- The greatest legacy I can leave my children & grandchildren is thriving in marriage
- Fun & playfulness gets more important every year
- Let parenting be the greatest developer of your partnership
- Unresolved conflict builds bitterness
- Bitterness is the seed of divorce
- Growth in conflict resolution offers itself in every conversation
- It’s not right, it’s not wrong, it’s just different
- Resolving conflict isn’t his way or her way, it is our way
- A growing friendship builds a firm foundation
- Respect is reciprocal
- We aren’t meant to complete each other, we are meant to sharpen each other
- I’m either victim or responsible in my mindset
- When I hurt my spouse, I hurt myself
- Marriage isn’t about me, it is about us
- Gratitude is the pathway to great
To hear me expound on each lesson AND for a bonus lesson, I invite you to join me on my latest podcast episode, “32 Lessons for 32 Years of Marriage.”
As we apply these lessons, they are helping us grow a thriving marriage that is creating more closeness than we ever thought possible. A marriage like this is available to you too.
Click to LISTEN NOW!
I have a FREE gift 🎁 for you!
Get my 100 Deeper Connection Prompts & Ideas to help you grow in closeness with your spouse!
I would love to connect with you!
INSTAGRAM: Follow & connect with me at @HeyJuliaWoods
YOUTUBE: Subscribe to @HeyJuliaWoods
PODCAST: Listen at Hey Julia Woods
WEBSITE: Find more resources (couple’s coaching, courses and couple’s retreats) at BeautifulOutcome.com
FACEBOOK: Like me at /HeyJuliaWoods